[AI] Visually handicapped person using cheque book facility (usingThumb Impression)

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Wed Apr 23 08:42:02 EDT 2008

Hai:

Since there are no specific regulation or guideline by RBI, officers can
arbitrarily decide whether or not to give cheque books to the blind or
allow them to affix their thumb impression. For example, I had used
cheque books with thumb impression with Karur Vaishya Bank and the same
was denied to me by the Centurian Bank, whose manager asked me how a
sighted official can read one's thumb impression and verrify its
authenticity?

Subramani