[AI] Status on OCR for Indian languages

Prashant Naik pranaik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:03:38 EDT 2008

Dear friends,

Can you please give me your valuable inputs about availability of Indian
language OCR.  What is the status on it?

We heard from so many sources that it is developed for this and that
language, etc. But what is the reality?

I tried googling. I was not able to get relevant information but came across
a link as http://www.isim.ac.in/RCILCM/index.htm

Rediff Centre for Indian Language Content Management

Brainstorming Workshop on OCR for Indian Languages

16-17 March, 2007, Hotel Regalis, Mysore

I heard c-dac pune / c-dac banglore or I I t have developed Indian language
OCR.   But what is the status?  Is it available to download and use.  Anyone
has explored it or tried it?  How are they?  what is their accuracy?

Please help me to consolidate some information on this topic.  I request all
the list members to share information on this topic. You can share
organisation names and persons those who are involved in this indian
language ocr development work off the list on my personal email id.

Thanks and regards,
Prashant Naik

--
VISION WITHOUT ACTION IS MERELY A DREAM,
ACTION WITHOUT VISION JUST PASSES THE TIME,