[AI] Launch of Parvarish, a new parenting list for the blind

Harish Kotian harish at accessindia.org.in
Sun Apr 13 23:36:34 EDT 2008

Hello all

Seasons greetings to you all. In some parts of our country New year is celebrated. This is also sprint time now and a perfect back drop to launch a parenting list for the blind in India.

Parenting is a very fulfilling experience. But it can also be a reason of considerable strain. This is compounded with the nuclear family norm we are adopting now a days. We receive less of family support and hence we have to fall back on friends and supporting groups like this.

It is in this background Blindzeln Germany has extended us support to launch this parenting list Parvarish.

Aksana from Russia and myself shall be your host for this. This is a closed group, meaning that posting on the list and archives of it will be available to members only.

We cordially invite you to join us at Parvarish. Furthermore, we also request you to introduce yourself and your family when you join us.

Details of this list are given below. Please feel free to forward this mail to any other list which you would feel would be appropriate.

Wishing you a pleasant stay at Parvarish

For Parvarish team

Aksana & Harish.

A list for blind parents or those with blind children

Forum 063 [PARVARISH] started on 21st March 2008 and launched on April 14 2008.

This forum has been designed to provide an opportunity for blind parents and

sighted parents with blind children to exchange tips and views on bringing

up children.

Did you recently encounter a useful Web site with information on improving

your story-telling skills? Did you come across a news item on the

availability of childrens' books with text in both print and braille

specifically designed for blind parents? If yes, this is the forum to share

all that information. This forum is intended to be a self-help group, and

its success depends on your participation.

Content moderators: Harish Kotian and Oksana Chuchunkova

Direct homepage:

http://parvarish.blindzeln.in

Registration to [Parvarish]:

parvarish-subscribe at blindzeln.net