[AI] Be careful while copying data

H P Kotian hpkotian at rbi.org.in
Mon Mar 24 06:19:03 EDT 2008

Be careful while copying data

Hi,

Here is some useful information for all.

Ctrl+C may be the most important work we do everyday. But it's not a very
safe thing to do. Read on to know why. What happens when you press Ctrl+C
while you are Online... We do copy various data by Ctrl + C for pasting
elsewhere.

This copied data is stored in clipboard and is accessible from the net by a
combination of java-scripts and ASP.

Just try this:
1) Copy any text by Ctrl + C
2) Click the Link:
http://www.sourcecodesworld.com/special/clipboard.asp
3) You will see the text you copied was accessed by this web page.

Do not keep sensitive data (like passwords, credit card numbers, PIN etc.) in the clipboard while surfing the web. It is extremely easy to extract the text
stored in the clipboard to steal your sensitive information. Forward this information to as many friends as you can, to save them from online frauds !
"

and any attachments. Thank you