[AI] Please enlighten me on Zoom-ex.

Prashant Naik pranaik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:24:56 EDT 2008

dear amar,

at xrcvc we are the regular user of zoom-ex.  i can give you some inputs on
this product.  this product can be used by totally blind as it uses sapi tts
engines.   you can read all the menus and get voice feedback when operating
it.  it can also be used with jaws.  it is fully accessible. It has many
keyboard shortcuts to operate.  The hardware part is called zoom ex and the
software is called zoom office. It can be used as a magnifier and instant
scanner.  It has inbuilt ocr engine.

talking on accuracy we all know scanning output mainly depend on the scan
material.  you get good accuracy with zoom ex.  but the difference is there
is no direct contact of lens to the scanning page.   so you have to take
care of proper illumination.

the best thing with zoom ex is it is really fast.  you can scan 100 pages in
just 15 minutes by just flipping the pages.

Regards,

prashant

On 3/20/08, amar jain <amarjain2006 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear AI Members,
> Can anybody enlighten me on Zoom-ex?
> How much is the accuracy of this product? And how much it is
> accessible for the totally blind. Is it worth while to purchase this
> product?
> Your help in this matter would be highly appreciated.
> With Best Regards,
> --
> AMAR JAIN.
> MOBILE:+91 9929 87 9006.
> EMAILS:amarjain2006 at yahoo.co.in
> amarjain2006 at rediff.com
> amarjain2006 at gmail.com

VISION WITHOUT ACTION IS MERELY A DREAM,
ACTION WITHOUT VISION JUST PASSES THE TIME,
VISION WITH ACTION CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.