[AI] How can we do aerobic exercise ?

Sudhir R (NeSTIT) sudhir.r at nestgroup.net
Thu Mar 20 01:46:05 EDT 2008

Hi folks !

With the kind permission of our beloved moderator, I would like to pose a few, non-techy  queries to the list.

We are advised to do aerobic exercises, viz. exercises like walking, jogging, swimming etc where the heart also exercises along with other parts of the body, to keep our body parameters like BP, blood sugar, cholesterol etc in check.  Being visually challenged and mobility-impaired, most of the recommended exercises are out of bounds for me and, may be, most of us.

So, how do you people keep in shape ?

Do any of you use tread mills ?  If so, are they safe for us ?  What additional safety features do we have to look for while buying a TM ?  What other alternatives are there ? (Recently, I came across a strange new exercising machine that costs just Rs 7500 where one can lie on one's back and keep the feet on its pedals that then move on electric power.  Pl see morningwalker.com for more details.)

Please share your valuable experiences in remaining healthy with our disability.  Being on the wrong side of forty and with a sedentary yet stressful IT job, I look forward to your valuable inputs for keeping my body and soul together. (smile)

Happy Holi and thanks...

Rgds

RS
M: 98 472 76 126