[AI] Courses for creative writing

dr.u.n.sinha narain drunsinha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:50:27 EDT 2008

dear friends
read this report.:----
POWERFUL CAN DO ANYTHING WITHOUT QUESTION

(Reuters)
After Chinese occupation, Tibet has been broken up and pieces absorbed
into three provinces: Quinghai, Gangsu, Sichuan (in addition to the
truncated Tibet
Autonomous Region)
Issue Date: Monday, March 17, 2008 (Kolkata, Telegraph)
Riots roll beyond Tibet
March 16: Violence spilled over from Tibet into neighbouring provinces
today as Tibetans defied a crackdown and China spoke of a "people's
war" to crush
The protest.
The demonstrations came after five days of protests in Lhasa escalated
into violence on Friday with Buddhist monks and others torching police
cars and shops
57-year rule in Tibet.
Supporters of the Dalai Lama said 80 people had been killed during the
protests in the Tibetan capital, Lhasa, and at least another 72
injured.
The Games
Police forced journalists
China suspended foreign travel permits to Tibet out of "safety concerns".
China cracks down in Tibet and beyond as protests spread
Chinese police pour into Lhasa and outlying areas as China scrambles
to control the latest uprisings. Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
March 16, 2008
XIAHE, CHINA — the spread of protests from Lhasa, the Tibetan capital,
to neighboring communities and now Gansu province represents a crisis
for a government
On Saturday, a massive police presence could be seen blanketing Xiahe,
a holy city outside Tibet that houses the sprawling Labrang Monastery
complex, one
Authorities scrambled to quell the worst protests against Chinese
dominion over Tibet in two decades.
The self-proclaimed Tibetan government-in-
As undercover police prowled through crowds of pilgrims bedecked in
traditional Tibetan
uprising against Chinese rule. Protests then spread to other
monasteries around Lhasa, then farther a field. Convoys of police cars
patrolled a smaller road on the edge
"Four people were shot."
An official at the Xiahe County People's Hospital said Saturday that
The Tibetan Center for Human Rights and Democracy, an activist group,
citing sources, said police and paramilitary forces fired tear gas and
live ammunition
with the Office of Tibet. The official New China News Agency released
its report Saturday that 10 people burned to death during Friday's
protests in Lhasa.
shops along the city's main Beijing Central Road were damaged, she
added, after Tibetans attacked Chinese-owned stores.
China News Agency reported Saturday.
China has been quick to blame the exiled Dalai Lama, Tibetan
Buddhism's spiritual leader, whom it has labeled a "splittist." the
Tibetan government, told reporters Saturday in Beijing that the Dalai
Lama, 72, orchestrated the unrest from abroad. Lama and the Puncheon
Lama.
China has tried to wrest spiritual control from Dalai Lama loyalists
by naming its own Puncheon Lama after the Dalai Lama's choice went
missing. Beijing
"China is not able to win over the hearts and minds of the Tibetan people."
France asks China to respect human rights in Tibet
a demonstration against China's crackdown on protests in Tibet.
Pressure mounts for West to act on Tibet talk
WASHINGTON, March 16 (Reuters) - Strife in Tibet has raised pressure
on the Dalai Lama's many admirers worldwide to translate moral support
into helpful
The Dalai Lama, Tibet's spiritual leader, called on Sunday for an
international investigation as Tibetan rioting against Chinese rule
spread to provinces
Tibetan exiles said 80 people had been killed.
China's crackdown on the fiercest display of Tibetan resistance to
Chinese rule in 20 years has drawn calls for restraint from the United
States and other
governments.
Bush plans to attend the Beijing Olympics in August but has resisted
calls to rise in public issues such as China's support for Sudan,
despite what Washington
the unrest. things," said the actor, a close follower of the Dalai
Lama and chairman of the International Campaign for Tibet.
UNSPOKEN THREATS
The Dalai Lama says China deserves to host the Olympic Games. Analysts
say the Western boycott of the 1980 Moscow Olympics -- a boycott China
joined --
Tibetan Buddhism scholar Robert Thurman told the seminar China was
"hypersensitive" about outside criticism of its Tibet policies because
"they have about
Tibet," said Thurman.
IOC wants peaceful resolution to Tibet tensions
BEIJING, March 16 (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee
called for a peaceful resolution to the unrest in the Himalayan region
of Tibet, which
threatens to derail China's hopes for a smooth run-up to August's
Beijing Olympic Games.
Tensions remained high in the Tibetan capital of Lhasa on Sunday as
police and troops locked down the city where street protests against
Chinese rule turned
"The International Olympic Committee (IOC) shares the world's desire
for a peaceful resolution to the tensions of past days in the Tibetan
region of China,"
China's policy on Sudan and the war-torn region of Darfur
to attend the Beijing Games if China failed to deal peacefully with
the unrest in Tibet.
But on Sunday, the Dalai Lama, Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, said
the Games should not be called off, even if the international
community had a "moral
TORCH RELAY
China has ruled Tibet since its troops marched in to take control in 1950.
March 17, 2008
      Yes, now we may say that God in His Heaven and All is Well with
the World, because a powerful can harm anyone without question. May it
be India next, as reports are coming on Chinese insurgence in
Arunanchal Pradesh.
…….Extracted by Dr. Udai Narain Sinha,
reader in the Department of Ancient Indian History and Archaeology,
Lucknow University,
Lucknow.

u.n.sinha