[AI] portal on disability

Pradeep banakar pradeepsocialwork at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:18:42 EDT 2008

if it so, why cant we send an E-mails and letters to following address?

Rehabilitation Council of India
B-22, Qutab Institutioal Area
New Delhi - 110 016
Tel: 91-11-26532816, 26534287, 26532384,26532408
Fax: 91-11-26534291
E-mail:
rehabstd at nde.vsnl.net.in
;
rehabstd at ndc.vsnl.net.in

Media Lab Asia
708-723, 7th Floor,
Devika Tower, 6 Nehru Palce
New Delhi- 110 019
Tel:91-11-26443266/26288190-3
Fax:91 11 26288189
Email:
econtent at medialabasia.in

below I pasted the statement given by them in accessibility statement link

The Punarbhava.in, a National Interactive web portal on disability  is
totally committed to meeting the standards set by the World Wide Web
Consortium's
Web Accessibility Initiative. In compliance with priority 1 and 2 principles
of the standard we have incorporated the following key accessibility
features:
List of 9 items
The site has been designed for 1024*768 viewing to allow access by all
screens.
Hyperlinks are written to make sure that the information makes sense out of
context.
Frames are not used.
Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for visual layout. If your browser or
browsing device does not support styles sheets at all, the content of each
page
is still readable.
The colour scheme has been selected to ensure that there is sufficient
contrast between text, background and links.
The site uses only non-serif font types for readability. Font attributes are
compatible with the user-specified text options in visual browsers.
Page content has been structured for ease of navigation and takes into
consideration the different technology visitors may use to access the site,
for example
speech readers and screen magnifiers.
The site has been structured so that you can find the information you need
quickly and easily through the navigation bar.
You can use options in your Internet browser to customise your view further
to meet your personal needs. For example, you may change font settings and
decide
whether to display images or not. The Help menu on your browser toolbar
provides more information about these options.

list end
We strive to ensure that the National Interactive web portal on disability
is accessible to the widest possible audience. Please let us have your views
about the site's accessibility and content - you can make a difference.