[AI] Checking synthesizer pronounciation

H P Kotian hpkotian at rbi.org.in
Fri Mar 7 06:09:13 EST 2008

Hi folks

I picked these sentences below in which some of the words are pronounced differently or have different meaning with the same spelling.

What I found, was Elequence pronounces it correctly in the correct context while making it read in a continuous mode and  speaks it differently when in a word by word mode. We can check different speech engines how they handle such situations.

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time
present the present.

8) At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of a bass
drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) After a number of Novocain injections, my jaw got number.

19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

22) I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.

Harish.

and any attachments. Thank you