[AI] guidance required regarding the training for visually impaired for VI women.

shalini khanna shalinikh95 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 04:36:24 EST 2008

Well if trainings have to be started for women, just talking about it would not help. It depends on resources, vision and kind of target profile of women. One can definitely guide but a visit would be required and an observation of a women's centre would definitely help. I'll be happy to give further guidance and any other help that's possible.

  Shalini
"V. Balakrishnan" <vataran77 at verizon.net> wrote:
  Dear Govind Reddy,

Mitra Jyothi is a NGO located in Bangalore. The organisation is dedicated
to provide services for the blind. They offer computer training for the
blind, residential courses for independent living skills for blind women,
recording talking books for students, vocational training, Job placement etc.
Please access their web site at http://www.mitrajyothi.org to get full
details of their activities and services.
The phone contact given on their web site will change as Mitra Jyothi is
moving to their new facilities, a newly built four story building in the
HSR layout in Bangalore.
Their email is
Phone: (080) 2528 8504. Likely to change in two or three weeks.
They have an excellent residential training programme for blind women to
teach them independent living skills, give them self confidence and self
esteem, motivate them to succeed etc.
I have visited Mitra Jyothi several times and found that they have good
facilities and efficient staff.

regards

V. Balakrishnan

At 06:43 PM 2/28/2008 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello list members,
>Dear list members I've requested for your guidance regarding the
>proffessional and vocational training programmes for visually impaired
>women.
>The main focus should be on motivating them towards the better
>education and to increase their confidence levels.
>They should also be trained in the household duties.
>Warm Regards,
>Govind.
>M: 9959392651.

>with the subject unsubscribe.
>
>To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>please visit the list home page at
>

>--

          Shalini Khanna
  Asst. Director