[AI] guidance required regarding the training for visually impaired for VI women.

V. Balakrishnan vataran77 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 29 10:53:08 EST 2008

Dear Govind Reddy,

Mitra Jyothi is a NGO located in Bangalore.  The organisation is dedicated
to provide services for the blind.  They offer computer training for the
blind, residential courses for independent living skills for blind women,
recording talking books for students, vocational training, Job placement etc.
Please access their web site at http://www.mitrajyothi.org to get full
details of their activities and services.
The phone contact given on their web site will change as Mitra Jyothi is
moving to their new facilities, a newly built four story building in the
HSR layout in Bangalore.
Their email is <mjyothi at vsnl.com>
Phone: (080) 2528 8504.  Likely to change in two or three weeks.
They have an excellent residential training programme for blind women to
teach them independent living skills, give them self confidence and self
esteem,  motivate them to succeed etc.
I have visited Mitra Jyothi several times and found  that they have good
facilities and efficient staff.

regards

V. Balakrishnan