[AI] After e-books, over now to mobile books

Vikas Kapoor dl.vikas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:12:35 EST 2008

After e-books, over now to mobile books

To reach out to thousands of users hooked on to their cell phones, Penguin Books India is set to enter into a partnership with Mobifusion to make content
available on the mobile platform.

The tie-up will enable consumers to access contents from books on their phones while on the move and also utilise the interactive features. A global developer,
publisher and distributor of mobile technologies, Mobifusion Inc. will make a wide range of Penguin books available to mobile phone users.

The partnership will begin with Indian consumers and expand to include Penguin's global brand and its array of international products.

It will begin with content from three popular Penguin books -- "The Joy in Loving: A Guide to Daily Living with Mother Teresa" compiled by Jaya Chaliha
and Edward Le Joly, "The Path to Tranquillity" by the Dalai Lama and "The Book of Prayer" edited by Renuka Narayanan.

Says Penguin Books India Chief Executive Officer Mike Bryan: "We aspire to make great literature available to the widest possible audience and this is a
very significant step in that direction. It is our intent to build a solid mobile reading community across India."

Mobifusion India Managing Director Prashant Gupta says: "In collaboration with Penguin, we are in a position to bring Indian cell phone users a wide variety
of services."

Kunal Diwan

http://www.thehindu.com/2008/02/29/stories/2008022950260200.htm

Vikas Kapoor,