[AI] Delhi univ. colleges need Physically challenged lecturers!

Viraj Kafle vkafle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:56:42 EST 2008

Hello sir,

It is very ironical that you are now falling into the same trap that
you tried to break through a few months back. If there are colleges
that are looking for physically challenged candidates, let them
advertise the post in the appropriate manner. For the benifit of the
list members, such advertisements can be posted in the list. But why
should you, or anyone for that matter, work as a mediator between the
colleges and the eligible candidates? When there are definite ways
through which colleges can reach out to eligible candidates, why
should they take personal means like taking someone into confidence to
find them, rather than to make the whole thing transparent by
advertising the post? And, more significantly, why should someone
fascilitate such personal means?

I am fully aware that objections like this are often misconstrued in
the list. But it is better to resist such representations than to keep
silent on something that is wrong. Every physically challenged person
has the right to get what he/she deserves, but let his/her
achievements be founded on solid legal and ethical grounds. Please
remember that if someone achieves his/her due through such illegal,
personal and non-transparent means, the person who fascilitates such
means will be equaly responsible for the possible outcome.

I'm also aware of the fact that to fight such malpractices only in the
list is useless. I feel that all those, individuals as well as groups,
who are concerned in one way or the other with the rights of the
physically challenged persons should do everything possible to stop
such malpractices and to make the environment a truly
disabled-friendly environment, rather than the one in which
achievments are made through the influence of the few selected people.

Regards.