[AI] The Policy

pamnani kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:45:13 EST 2008

Just like to report that we had a good meeting yesterday in Delhi.
the recommendations are as follows:
1.Candidate has the discretion to appoint his own scribe
2. Extra time of 20 mins per hour of exam
3. no fetters on qualification of Scribe. This is the best - no junior problem, no stream problem, no marks problem.
4. Alternative Formats as suggested in my draft plus audio.
5. All equipment as suggested in my draft.
6. the details of the technology hardware and software to be used will be put in an annexure. Here I will re send Manish's points.
Basically everything accepted. I did not fight about extra time of 30 mins. Everyone felt that 20 mins per hour was fair. Any loss of time will also be compensated. The biggest achievement is on no fetters on Scribe chosen by candidate and multiple scribes. this battle took nearly 1 and half hours.  these recommendations will be the minimum to be provided some Examining Bodies provide better facilities like Pranav has suggested they can continue to do so.

Now the whole process starts. it will be recommended to the Ministry then maybe another 2 sittings and discussions. then it will be implemented at the Center and we will have to go back to each State to ask them to implement it.
It is ironical but the fight started in Maharashtra and then went to the Center and now we will have to go back to each state finally to achieve uniformity.
Closure is far but the steps have started.
I would like to thank Mr. Sisodia who started this battle and then got me involved, every accessindian for sharing and contributing and the Xaviers Resource Centre for the Visually challenged in Researching and actually battling it out with the Authorities.
this topic can now close for a few days till I post the recommendations as and when I receive it.
I guess by 2009 exam season we should have everything in place. Thanks once again
Kanchan