[AI] For air tickets on cell phones

renuka warriar erenuka at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 05:59:05 EST 2008

Date:16/02/2008 URL: http://www.thehindu.com/2008/02/16/stories/2008021656382000.htm

National

For air tickets on cell phones

Sujay Mehdudia

NEW DELHI: E-commerce player MakeMyTrip has launched a system that lets customers to search, book, pay for and receive domestic air tickets on mobile phones.

Sachin Bhatia, the company's chief, said his is the first travel company, working with mChek, to offer a true mobile commerce platform for travellers in
India. "It. strengthens the existing channels of access that we offer. Our mobile booking facility is now accessible to the user-base of 60 million Airtel
subscribers." A GPRS subscription is not needed for this.

Customers send 'MakeMyTrip' as SMS to 543219. A menu appearing on screen allows them to search, book and pay for tickets through their handsets, completing
the entire transaction.

An e-ticket and PNR number will be delivered to the handset. The system links users' credit cards to their mobile numbers through a one-time registration.
There will be an mChek PIN number.