[AI] Policy for Examination

Pamnani kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:45:24 EST 2008

This is the view of

Reserve Bank of India.

Kanchan

RESERVE BANK OF INDIA

www.rbi.org.in

CO. HRDD No. 4976/05.10.01/2007-08                                            November 19,2007

Shri Rajinder Sood

Under Secretary to the GOI

Ministry of Finance

Department of Financial Services

(Banking Division)

New Delhi - 110001.

Dear Sir

Letter from the Office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with

Disabilities regarding complaint of MS. Kanchan Pamnani. Advocate

Please refer to your letter No.F.3/6/2007-SCT(B) dated November 6, 2007 on the captioned subject.

In this connection we advise that the Reserve Bank of India Services Board is providing the facility of scribe to the Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates in the written examinations conducted by the Board. The following guidelines are issued in this regard.

(i)                  VH candidate should arrange for his/her own scribe at his/her own cost.

(ii)                The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade lower to that of the candidate and should not be more than graduation.

(iii)               The scribe will be required to furnish his particulars in the prescribed format (copy enclosed) with photograph at the time of examination. The particulars furnished by the scribe will have to be certified by him/her as true and correct before commencement of the examination. This will be in I the form of joint undertaking with candidate. The VH candidate must bring the format duly completed in all respect along with his/her admission letter at the time of the examination.

(iv)              The VH candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of scribe brought by him/her.

(v)                Conversation between the candidate and the scribe should not disturb in any way the peace in the examination or the other candidates seated in the examination hall/room.

(vi)              Such candidate who uses a scribe shall be eligible for extra timeof20 minutes for every hour of examination.

(vii)             Violation of any of the instructions shall. entail cancellation of the candidature in addition to any other action that may be taken by the Reserve Bank of India Services Board/Bank against the candidate/scribe. The candidate/scribe shall be subject to the rules of the examination.

(viii)           The VH candidate can use the services of only one and the same scribe for all the papers of the examination.

Yours faithfully,

(T. M. Abraham)

Asst. General Manager

Encl. 1

Human Resources Development Department, Central Office Building, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Mumbai - 400001. India Tel: (022) 22661602, 22660940 Fax: (022) 22702524 E-mail: helphrdd at .rbi.org.in

Particulars of the Scribe brought by the Visually handicapped Candidate

      1
     NAME AND ROLL NO. OF THE VISUALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE

      Paste a Photograph of the Scribe

      2
     DATE OF BIRTH OF THE VISUALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE

      3
     CENTRE

      4
     NAME OF THE SCRIBE

      5
     ADDRESS OF THE SCRIBE

      6
     PERMANENT ADDRESS

      7
     EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION OF THE SCRIBE

      8

     RELATIONSHIP, IF ANY, OF THE SCRIBE TO THE VISUALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE

DECLARATION

We hereby declare that the particulars furnished above are true and correct to the best of our knowledge and belief. We have read the instructions of the Reserve Bank of India Services Board (as set out in enclosures with the Admission letter) regarding the conduct of the visually handicapped candidates/scribe at the examination and the other conditions therein and we hereby undertake to abide by them.

SIGNATURE OF VISUALLY

HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE

SIGNATURE OF THE SCRIBE

(To be signed in the presence of