[AI] Law books printed in Braille

vishnu ramchandani vishnuhappy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 04:54:00 EST 2008

Law books printed in Braille

Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra has printed
texts on laws related to social reforms

PTI

Ranchi: Now the visually challenged will be able to
read laws related to social reforms and empowerment
with the help of books on legal literacy printed
in Braille.

“We have already printed books for the convenience of
the visually challenged in Braille which will be
released here by sitting Supreme Court judge Justice
S P Sinha,” Avdhas Kaushal, chairperson of NGO Rural
Litigation and Entitlement Kendra, said.

He said for the first time in the country, a text on
laws related to social reforms and empowerment have
been converted to Braille. “We will release it
on February 16 in Ranchi. We will also train the
visually challenged for three days,” Kaushal said.

Supported by the National Services Authority, Delhi,
and Jharkhand Legal Services Authority, the
Dehradun-based NGO is organising a legal literacy
programme
for women and members of women self-help groups.

Besides Justice Sinha, Union Panchayati Raj Minister
Mani Shankar Aiyar would address the three-day
programme.