[AI] Winning the Radio Duniya Award

George Abraham george at eyeway.org
Tue Feb 12 21:37:23 EST 2008

Hi,

It is with great pleasure that  we  at Score Foundation share with you the
good news that  our Radio programme Eyeway, yea hai roshni ka karwan has
won the  Radio Duniya Award for 2008 in the category "Best Social
Responsibility Initiative". The award comprises a shield and a certificate.

Project Eyeway is a single stop information Help Desk on the eye and
blindness.   the  Eyeway, yea hai roshni ka karwan is a half  hour radio
show in Hindi broadcast over the 29 stations of the Vivid Bharti network of
All India Radio. The programme comprises interviews, profiles read by
celebrities, advice on various issues, music and competitions.  The
programme that was first launched in November 2005 connects the Eyeway Help
Desk with  our stake holders across the country.  At the present moment we
receive an average of 35 to 40 calls a week. The callers share with our Help
Desk questions and concerns regarding matters like careers, parenting,
education, discrimination, human rights violation,  legal issues,
technology and life in general.  Our  Help Desk counsels them and  connects
them with organisations and professionals who have the where with all to
help.

The award is a recognition of   the relevance and value of our effort and is
definitely  a great motivation for all of us  at Score Foundation to  take
our work to the next level.

Best regards,

George

George Abraham
CEO
Score Foundation
Y-70, Lower Ground Floor
Hauz Khas
New Delhi 110016
Ph: 91 11 26852581/91 11 26852559
Mob: 91 9810934040
Email: george at eyeway.org
website: www.eyeway.org

Ps.  You can also hear  the radio programme online at
www.eyeway.org/include/radio/radio.php