[AI] How do I increase my fluency in spoken english?

Ketan Kothari muktaketan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:43:53 EST 2008

Dear Imran,

I agree with Geetha but would add a few things:  Firstly, listen to good
spoken English preferably on BBC or so and try to pronounce those words
yourself so that your tongue will get used to the queer pronunciations.
Secondly, read good literature (I do not mean Shakespeare and such) but even
good articles would do since it would help in increasing your vocabulary and
you would have more words to play with and of course, as Geetha said speak
as much as you know with those who know the language and ask them to correct
you whenever they find errors in your speech.  Hope this helps.

If it is any consolation, I have  had my education till class X in Marathi
medium with English as my third language.  However, now I love the language
and though not very flowery speaker, I have not had any difficulties to be
understood even by native speakers.  If you need help do not hesitate to
communicate with me off list.  Thank you.

(I am writing this on the list just so that other youngsters can also follow
this).