[AI] Writing style

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Sun Feb 10 05:14:24 EST 2008

Dear Farhan:

If you don't know English or don't understand the language, I wouldn't
say it is a problem. But if you fail to do anything at all to learn it,
I feel that may affect your career prospects. If you notice one thing in
this group, most of those who contribute write clearly and that helps
all of us, who speak different languages.

Now we all can access books online and can scan printed books and listen
to radio. So, folks, make use of the technology and do your best to
learn English. This is nothing to do with the respect or devotion we may
have for our mother tongues, but purely a practical requirement. Most
offices and jobs require communication in English and we must fulfil
this in order to qualify for the jobs. I hope the student members in the
group take this message, because one of the most frequent complaints I
hear from NGO's who train the blind for various jobs is that most of our
fellow VI's don't communicate well and therefore don't qualify for the
jobs.