[AI] A Short History of Tactile Reading and Writing.

Amiyo Biswas amiyo.biswas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 03:09:13 EST 2008

Hello Viraj,

I read several articles and books available online. I do not have the direct
links because I saved the material on my pen drive. Still you will find them
on the following sites:
Enabling Technologies:
www.brailler.com

RNIB:
www.rnib.org.uk
NFB (USA):
www.nfbnet.org

In addition I read two braille books on Louis Braille by Pierre Henri and by
Margaret Davidson available from Blind Persons' Association.

I also visited Wikipedia at
www.wikipedia.org
for certain references.

I read braille books a lot regularly. I gave up braille writing when I
became used to computer. But now after reading so much about Louis Braille
and his achievement, I have started carrying my braille writing frame again.
I use computer for all sorts of jobs. Still I never feel like reading when I
am using Jaws. It seems that I am listening to somebody's reading.

Best regards,

Amiyo.

Cell: +91-9433464329

Best regards,