[AI] Between Moser Baer and transcent, I've chosen the latter

Syed Imran syed.fame at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:25:59 EST 2008

Dear friends

Based on the price, technical,  and reliability aspect, I've selected Transcent pen drive after a rather raw comparison between another well known USB pen drive brand called Moser Baer. But still to get utmost out of it, I need your views.

First, Let us know what Moser Baer have to say about its product:

Moser Baer
FEATURES:

      Support USB 2.0 specification

      Dual level data protection

      Support partition

      Hot-removable

Size:    60X17X7mm(LXWXH)
Weight:    8g
Data retention:  Upto 10 years
Erase Cycles:  >100,000 times
Speed: Read                                 10-12 MB/s, Write B   MB/s (Max.)
Warranty:  Lifetime

Price:    Rs. 305 /-

And this is what Transcend had to say:
.  USB 1.1 compliant and 2.0 compatible,
. True Plug and Play for hot swap function
. Maximum Transfer speed of 1.5MB (12M bit) per second at full speed
. Powered directly via the USB port.
. No external power or battery needed.
. Operating Systems Supported: No driver required for Windows Me/2000/XP, Mac OS 9.0 or later, or Linux kernel 2.4 or later.Only Windows 98SE needs the
provided drive
. Write-Protect Function: Write-protect switch Security Function: Password protection available via supplied software (Windows environment only) Boot-Up
. Function: Makes JetFlash a MS-DOS Boot Disk LED: Flashing LED indicates
. Data Traffic Specifications :
Size: 75mm X 11mm X 25mm (L x W x H)
. Weight: 15g
Data Retention: Up to 10 years
Shock Resistance: 1000G (maximum)
Erase Cycles: 1,000,000 times
Speed: Read 9.0 Mbyte/s, Write 8.0 Mbyte/s
(Max.)
Certificate: FCC, CE,
. BSMI

Price:    450

I chose Transcend because it has some additional features like shock resistance, password protection and neck strap. Is there any other USB pen drive better than these two in this price range?