[AI] regarding file name extention

Zujar Kanchwala zujarbright at rediffmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:04:09 EST 2008

Hi,

The following steps would help you enable display of file name extensions in Windows Explorer.

1. Open Control Panel (Start > Control Panel if you use Windows XP-style Start menu -- default -- or Start > Settings > Control Panel if you use Classic Windows-style Start menu)

2. Select Folder Options and press Enter to open Folder Options dialog box.

3. Navigate to View page in the dialog box using CTRL+TAB.

4. TAB to an unnamed list where the first item is Files and Folders.

5. Move down to the option that reads ' Hide extensions for known file types' and press SPACEBAR to uncheck this option.

6. Press Enter or activate the OK button in the dialog box.

You are done.

Hope this works. Feel free to post queries if any.
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 Abdul Razique wrote :
>Hello list members,
>I want file name extentions to be shown in front of every file's name. For instance, ABC.zip, CDE.doc etc instead of ABC or CDE. How to do it? Please help.
>
>Expecting a reply
>Abdul
>To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with the subject unsubscribe.
>
>To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please visit the list home page at

Best Regards...

Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala
SE, MPHASIS,
Hello on 9224429816.