[AI] Bookshare.org and Code Factory Announce Partnership to IntroduceMobile Technology for Print Disabled Readers!

ashish rohtagi ashishrohtagi1969 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:41:06 EST 2008

Bookshare.org and Code Factory Announce Partnership To Introduce Mobile
Technology for Print Disabled Readers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Ann Harrison - Benetech -
+1 415 637-5262

Contact: Caroline Ragot - Code Factory -
+34 93 733 70 66

Palo Alto, CA - Barcelona, Spain, January 30, 2008

Bookshare.org and Code Factory have announced the formation of a partnership
to introduce technology that allows Bookshare.org members to read digital
books on their mobile devices. Code Factory will demo V2.0 of its Mobile
Speak for Windows Mobile at the conference of the Assistive Technology
Industry Association (ATIA) at the Caribe Royale All-Suite Resort and
Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, USA. The demo will be hosted at the
Benetech booth (Lobby 2) on Friday, February 1 from 4:30 to 5:00 pm.

Code Factory launched V2.0 of Mobile Speak for Windows Mobile Smartphones in
November of 2007 and will soon release V2.0 of Mobile Speak for Pocket PCs.
Both products feature a built-in software application for reading Braille
formatted (BRF) files with synthesized speech output, Braille, or both, as
well as a Bookshare.org unpacking utility. "For a long time we've admired
Bookshare.org for its great achievements in increasing access to books for
the blind
and visually impaired," said Eduard Sanchez, Code Factory CEO. "Our American
users constantly tell us that the excellent Bookshare.org services have
changed their lives."

"We are excited about the possibility of Bookshare.org subscribers reading
books on their mobile devices using Code Factory's screen readers. We will
examine the Mobile Speak product line closely and test features that allow
users to access Bookshare.org on the move, anytime and anywhere," said Jim
Fruchterman, CEO of Benetech, the nonprofit organization that operates
Bookshare.org.

About Bookshare.org

Bookshare.org is an online community that allows people with print
disabilities to legally download books and periodicals to be read as
Braille, large print
or synthetic speech. Offering the world's largest accessible library of
scanned books and periodicals, Bookshare.org received a $32 million
five-year award
from the U.S. Department of Education to significantly expand the
availability of accessible electronic books and software for reading those
books. Bookshare.org is operated by Benetech, a Palo Alto, CA-based
nonprofit technology development organization that creates social enterprise
projects for the disability, literacy and human rights communities.

About Code Factory

Code Factory is a software company committed to the development of products
designed to remove barriers to the accessibility of mobile technology for
the
blind and visually impaired. Code Factory is the leading provider of screen
readers, screen magnifiers, and Braille interfaces for a wide range of
mainstream
mobile devices including Symbian-based and Windows Mobile-powered
Smartphones as well as Pocket PC phones and PDAs. Code Factory is the only
accessible software provider to support close to two hundred different phone
models working on the GSM, CDMA and WCDMA networks. To learn more about Code
Factory and its mission of bringing complete accessibility to mobile
devices, visit

http://www.codefactory.es.

Roselle R. Ambubuyog
Code factory, S.L.
Moving accessibility forward!
Mobile: +63 916 940-0007
E-mail:
roselle.ambubuyog at codefactory.es
Website:

http://www.codefactory.es

To subscribe to my monthlycomputertips news letter please do send in a
blank e mail and type "subscribe" with out the quotation marks in the
subject line!
send this e mail to:

monthlycomputertips-subscribe at ashishrohtagi.org

many thanks