[AI] Fw: A Trojan Horse that targets Blindness Products

Vetrivel Adhimoolam vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:53:27 EST 2008

Be aware!

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Baum
To: k1000 at listserv.kurzweiledu.com ; k3000 at listerv.kurzweiledu.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:34 AM
Subject: A Trojan Horse that targets Blindness Products

This was brought to our attention by a customer, and we thought you
should know about it.

There is apparently a trojan horse (that's a particularly nasty
variety of malware) that disables a variety of products for people
with disabilities, but particularly JAWS, WindowEyes, Microsoft
Narrator, HAL, and Kurzweil. It was masquerading as a crack to
disable the software protection features of JAWS 9.0. See
http://www.sophos.com/security/blog/2008/01/998.html for additional
information.

Stephen