[AI] Blind abused: BBC

Vetrivel Adhimoolam vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 03:14:04 EST 2008

I agree that abuse can be a relative term. But the problem is that we are so
quick to relativise terms like abuse in the context of the so called
developed world. On the other hand, we are so desperate to find their actual
existence among the so called developing countries. That's the sad part.
Also another thought in the context of the west in general and the United
States in particular. US is clearly heading for the economic recession and
one has to wait and see it's impact on visually challenged since thousands
and thousands of workers are being laid-off. I am guessing that it will have
a significant impact on visually challenged population, but one has to wait
and see how severe it is going to be.

Vetri.