[AI] OCR Software.

Wael wael_syntax at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 09:02:53 EST 2008

actually the relation between the fine reader engine
and kurzweil is that of jaws and eloquence!

K1000 is a document reader for the blind that contains
OCR software and other facilities such as converting
text to mp3 or wav files, dictionary and online books
etc etc.

k1000 has 2 main software OCR's installed by default,
one of which is the fine reader engine and the other
is softScan.

when you open up k1000 just press f9 to start scanning
a page that has already been put on the scanner.
or just visit the menus to adjust some properties
related to scanning recognition, for example if a page
contains medical content it may require a specific
treatment when it comes to abbreviations and
contractions, so that better recognition will be
coming out.

for more information feel free to expand this thread
or send me.

--- gufran <bigbanggufran at gmail.com> wrote:

> well sir fine reader is best for scanning,
> it has good accuracy then kudswel,
> the editing part varies from its print quality.

Wael Zakareya
http://www.ngoegypt.com
mobile: 0100649426