[AI] Active Desktop Recovery Error

vishnu ramchandani vishnuhappy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 04:05:37 EST 2008

Hello Access India!

Since 3/4 days, I am facing the piculear problem with
my office PC.

When I turn on the pc, I get this screen:

Active Desktop Recovery
Microsoft Windows has experienced an unexpected error.
As a precaution, your Active Desktop has been turned
off. To restore the Active Desktop, use the
following troubleshooting tips:

Did your browser stop working, or did you restart your
computer without shutting it down first? If so, click:
( UNDER NEATH HERE IS A LINE THAT SAYS:
" RESTORE MY ACTIVE DESKTOP".

Did you recently change your background to a web page?
If so:
1. Right-click the desktop and then click Properties.
2. On the Desktop tab, under Background, click the
background you want.

Did you recently add a new item to your Active
Desktop? If so:
1. Right-click the desktop and then click Properties.
2. On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
3. On the Web tab, under Web pages, clear the check
box for the item that was added last.

Do you want to turn off your Active Desktop? If so:
1. Right-click the desktop and select Properties.
2. On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
3. On the Web tab, under Web pages, click to clear all
the check boxes.

When I press "Restore my Active Desktop" Button, it
gives me the "Internet Explorer Script Error" message:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:
65
Char:
1
Error:

Object doesn't support this action

Code:
0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes/No.

If I press "Yes" or "No" Button, then the normal
Desktop appears on the Screen.

This screen also comes if I open any application and
minimise it.

Also, whenever I open "My Document" folder, I get the
following error:

Internet Explorer
This page has an unspecified potential security risk.
Would you like to continue? Yes/ No.

It allows me to open the "My Document" folder when I
press the "Yes" Button.

Please guide me to resolve this strange issue. I've
tried to google it but no help. Whatever solutions I
found, I tried but didn't work out. Also, I searched
in other technical forams, too.

I have Windows XP (SP 2) with IE 7.

Any help would be highly appreciate on it.

Regards,
Vishnu

      Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php