[AI] how to do scanning by avast

Viraj vkafle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 04:01:39 EST 2008

Wehn you click the Avast icon on the desktop, it does scan the startup
items, but the rest of your harddisk may remain infected. Once the memory
and startup items check is complete and viruses are tackled , it opens with
a sort of help window. Press X to go to the 'don't show this window' option,
enable it and close the program. Click the icon again, wait once again till
it completes the memory and startup test. This time, the normal avast window
will open. Press the appllication key and you'll get all the available
options. The one for 'quick scan' can also be accessed in the way described
in the earlier mail, that is, without opening the program. Select the drive,
folder or file you want to scan, press the application key, press down errow
and select scan and press enter. But for standard and thorough scans you
need to open the program.