[AI] O c R Software.

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:57:31 EST 2008

Hi,

	Though both the K1k and Fine Reader are OCR programs, they cater to
different markets. The k1k caters exclusively to the blind while Fine Reader
caters to sited people. However, it is very usable with existing access
technology. The k1k has an advantage as in the user interface is easier to
use for blind people and it has forms recognition.

Fine Reader however is I believe a more accurate OCR but this is something
that will have to be tested.

Also, Fine Reader updates itself faster. The k1k is a year behind since it
has to wait for Abbyy to come out with the Fine Reader SDK. However, the k1k
has multiple engines so you have more choices in terms of what ocr engine to
use. What you buy is up to you since you are the best placed to gauge the
level of comfort with either program.

Pranav