[AI] Thanks but one more question relating to windows explorer

firoz firojjee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:12:17 EST 2008

try this
this is there in jaws help but still i am pasting it here for nwe users
Windows XP and JAWS

Windows XP and JAWS

Beginning with JAWS 7.10, it is not necessary to change Windows XP's display
properties to Classic view. JAWS is compatible with either the default XP
view
or the Windows Classic view. However, when navigating lists with the
keyboard, there are slight advantages to using the Classic view.

This topic describes changes that you can make to make navigation easier.
These changes are entirely optional and not necessary to enhance JAWS'
performance.
You must be logged in with administrative rights to make several of these
changes.

The following procedures show three different ways to change specific areas
of Windows to the Classic view.

list of 3 items
. Folder Options
. Start Menu
. Windows Explorer
list end

Folder Options

To change to Classic view using Folder Options, do the following:

list of 6 items
1. Press the WINDOWS KEY to open the Start menu, press C until Control Panel
is selected, and then press ENTER.
2. From the Control Panel, press ALT+T to go to the Tools menu.
3. Press O for Folder Options.
4. From the Tasks radio button group, select Use Windows Classic folders.
5. (Optional):
list of 5 items nesting level 1
a. On the View page, move to the Advanced Settings tree view.
b. Clear the Hide Extensions For Known File Types check box.
c. If you also use screen magnification software, clear the Show pop-up
description for folder and desktop items check box. Pop up descriptions
often hides
the menu item just below any given menu item, making it impossible to
visually see the next item in the menu list.
d. Move to the Apply to All Folders button and press SPACEBAR.
e. Select Yes in the dialog that opens to acknowledge this change.
list end nesting level 1
6. Move to the OK button in the Folder Options dialog box and press SPACEBAR
to close this dialog box.
list end

Start Menu

To change to Classic view using the Start menu, do the following:

list of 7 items
1. Press the WINDOWS KEY to open the Start menu, press C until Control Panel
is selected, and then press ENTER.
2. From Control Panel, move to Taskbar and Start Menu and press ENTER.
3. From the Taskbar page, press ALT+G to move to and uncheck Group Similar
Taskbar Buttons.
4. Press ALT+H to move to and uncheck the check box for Hide inactive icons.
5. Press CTRL+TAB to move to the Start Menu page.
6. Select Classic Start menu.
7. Press ENTER to close this dialog box.
list end

Windows Explorer

To change the view Windows Explorer, do the following:

list of 10 items
1. Press WINDOWS KEY+E to open Windows Explorer, and then select your hard
drive in your tree view. This drive may be referred to as Local Disk C.
2. Press ALT+V to open the View menu, and then press D for details. Items in
the list view appear as a single vertical list.
3. Press ALT+V, and select Arrange Icons by. Press ENTER to open the
submenu.
4. Move to the menu item Name to arrange by Name, and press ENTER to select
this and close the menus.
5. Press ALT+V again, and select Arrange Icons by. Press ENTER to open the
submenu.
6. Move to the menu item Show in Groups. If it is checked, press ENTER to
uncheck it and close the menus.
7. Press ALT+T to open the Tools menu, and press O to open the Folder
Options Dialog.
8. Press CTRL+TAB to move to the View page.
9. Press SPACEBAR to activate the Apply to All Folders button, and press
SPACEBAR on the YES button to acknowledge this change.
10. Move to the OK button and press SPACEBAR to close this dialog box.
list end