[AI] Happy Birthday Access India

Harish Kotian harish at accessindia.org.in
Fri Jan 4 11:46:08 EST 2008

Hi Amar and everyone

Congrats to one and all on the foundation hday of Access India. it is the
active participation from all which is  keeping it live and kicking.

I am only a torch bearer. The credit for goes to Kiran Khaja. I am only
filling in for him for he is preoccupied.

It gives me a unique sense of happiness to preside over a family which has
now grown over 450 heads.

I am glad I don't have to do much these days as all of us respect bounderies
of the group.

We certainly have better days ahead with the UN convention too on our
favour. The scene on accessability is improving although much need to be
done in breaking physical barriers. We need to work on it vigourously.

It was my dream to see most of the blind having access to computers until
the bi centenial of Louis Braille birthday.

I personally think after the invention of the Braille system, the computers
is having donetremendous impact in the life of the blind. It should be our
mission to bring this light in the hands of our other blind brotheren who
are not as privelleged as us.

With this I sign off, seeking a pledge to commit ourselves to make computers
accessable to as many blind as possible. This will be the greatest tribute
to the man who has given us the Braille system and whose influence has
significantly shaped our lives.

Truely yours
Harish.