[AI] Requesting Assistance - Research on Accessibility for persons with Vision Impairments

Vikas Sharma vikas at accessability.co.in
Thu Jan 3 04:43:41 EST 2008

Hi All,

We, at *AccessAbility*, are conducting a *research on Accessibility of
Public buildings for persons with vision impairments*. National
Institute for the Visually Handicapped (Dehradun) is assisting us in
carrying out this research.

Since all Indian accessiblity guidelines only address needs of persons
with physical disabilities and generally overlook needs of persons
with sensory impairments, there is a general lack of available
resource that may assist people in the construction inductry and
interior designers to incorporate comprehensive accessibility
features. The aim of this research is to develop local guidelines that
define the accessibility and wayfinding requirements of persons with
vision impairments in the internal built environment.

We seek support and participation from persons with vision impairments in
completing the questionnaire for this research.

*The questionnaire is available at the following link:
www.accessability.co.in/survey *
Please contact me at the contact number below if you need the form in
alternate formats.

Please also forward this link to other persons with vision impairments.

Regards,

--
Regards,

Vikas Sharma | Access Consultant | AccessAbility
D-8/ 8073, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-11 00 70
Tel: 011-32660862 ; 0-9910383522
Web: www.AccessAbility.co.in

Upcoming events: 'Techshare 2008'. Visit www.BarrierBreak.com for details.