[AI] Conducting research on accessibility...

Amit Bhatt misterbhatt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 20:33:54 EST 2008

Dear all,
I am copying the following message I've got on SayEverything mailing list.

Hello,

We, at AccessAbility, are conducting a research on Accessibility of
Public buildings for persons with vision impairments. National
Institute for the Visually Handicapped (Dehradun) is assisting us in
carrying out this research.

Since all Indian accessiblity guidelines only address needs of persons
with physical disabilities and generally overlook needs of persons
with sensory impairments, there is a general lack of available
resource that may assist people in the construction inductry and
interior designers to incorporate comprehensive accessibility
features. The aim of this research is to develop local guidelines that
define the accessibility and wayfinding requirements of persons with
vision impairments in the internal built environment.

We seek your support and participation in this research and request
you to complete the questionnaire at the link
www.AccessAbility.co.in/survey

Please also forward this link to other persons with vision impairments.

Regards,

Vikas Sharma
www.AccessAbility.co.in