[AI] bar code reader

Harish Kotian harish at accessindia.org.in
Sun Sep 23 12:41:01 EDT 2007

Hi Mufi, Ashish & Anjali

They are 2 different products.

1 Talking bar code reader: It is a small hand held device which captures the
bar coded information and speaks it aloud by a software voice
synthesizer. It is microprocessor driven like a palm top.

2 Talking signage: It consists of 2 devices, a transmittor which gives out a
prerecorded information like a toilet entrance etc. The second is a small
reciever carried by blind person, when one comes in close proximity of the
transmittor, you hear it through the reciever like a radio. It is not micro
processor driven.

I think the NFB Kurzweil reader also has bar code reading capability.

Harish