[AI] bar code reader

Anjali Arora anjali.arora at accessindia.org.in
Sun Sep 23 03:18:40 EDT 2007

Hi Harish,
you guessed it right.  I also thought so.
I'm mixing up things because I've faint idea of a product for VI. permit me
to describe as I remember it.

an item is identified and labled by voice recording using the product.
whenever the item is to be identified correctly the same product is placed
close to it.
when the contact is established and if that item has been labled, then the
product announces what is it.
this makes searching easier.
moreover one does not have to lable in braille many items.

i faintly remember that once it was displayed in an exhibition somewhere.
please give me more information of this product if some one can.
are there any vendors on the list?
much thanks