[AI] School admissions for the visually challenged.

Devnandan Kumar devnkumar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:36:43 EDT 2007

Dear Mr. Sudhir,

You can contact to (.) for more and detailed information in regard.

Dr. K.M Ramananandan,
State Projrct Director, SSA, SSA
Bhawan, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram-695033
Phone-0471 2334290(Direct)
0471-2320826/2320352/2334250
Resident- 0471 2353711
Mobile- 09447738890
Email- ramanandan.km at rediffmail.com

Hope you will get support, as you desire

Thanks and regards
Devnandan Kumar
Lucknow

On 9/13/07, Pamnani <kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sudhir,
> Rajesh is right on the issue of aided schools.
> Apart from the issue of reservation and the applicability of the Ac there
> is
> a practical problem where the family and NGOs have to step in.
> The school normally does not have the facility of a teacher of braille nor
> do they have special aids and appliances.
> There are many in the accessindia family who went to general schools but
> were helped by their parents who either went with them to school and
> copied
> from the blackboard for them or arranged for special teachers to assist
> the
> childen.
> There is a lot of effort that the family has to put in. Others in the
> group
> can share their experience.
> The parents also have to keep in touch with the NGOs to know about the
> aids
> and appliances available and about special teachers for braille, mobility
> etc.
> NAB Delhi runs such a facility.
> In Kerala maybe the child will have to go to different places to get the
> extra help.
> The Rehabilitation Council of India has some role.
> Sarva Shiksha Abhyan contemplates such a situation.
> I know it is the State's responsibility but it is the family's primary
> responsibility and they cannot shirk it by putting the responsibility on
> the
> State completely.
> it is really what the parents can afford and how much time they want to
> spend on their child.
> If the family is ready to put in the effort then there is no reason why
> the
> child should be refused.
> Integration and inclusion are the main reasons and goals still to be
> achieved completely.
>
> Kanchan Pamnani
> Advocate & Solicitor
> 9, Suleman Chambers,
> Battery Street, Colaba,
> Mumbai - 400 039.

Devnandan Kumar
Executive Officer
Rehabilitation Society of the Visually Impaired,
C-223, Nirala Nagar, Lucknow-20, India