[AI] error in installing java access bridge

Manish Agrawal magrawal at sapient.com
Thu Sep 6 20:07:30 EDT 2007

The problem here is that the access bridge installer is not able to find
where your java run time files are installed.
The solution is to ensure that you include the path of the folder where
the java run time is installed in your path environment variable.
You can use the following steps to do this:
1. Find out where the java run time is installed on your machine. If you
selected all defaults during the install, the path will look something
like this:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin
Notice that you need the path upto the "bin" directory. This directory
contains the binaries for java runtime.

2. Right click "MyComputer" and click "Properties".
3. The "System Properties" dialog box is displayed. Go to the "advanced"
tab in this dialog box.
4. Tab to the "Environment Variables (alt+n)" button and press enter.
5. The "Environment Variables" dialog is displayed. At this time, the
focus is in a "User Variables" list box.
6. Arrow down this list box untill you find the "path" variable entry.
If you do not find this entry, then skip down to step 9 below.
7. When you find the "path" entry, tab twice to reach the "edit" button
and press enter.
8. The "Edit User Variables" button is displayed and the focus is on the
"value" edit box.
9. This step is required only if the "path" user variable does not exist
(refer step 6). create a new entry in the list by pressing the "new"
button next to the list box. The "New User Variable" dialog is displayed
and the focus is on the "name" edit box. Type "path" (without the
quotation marks and press tab to reach the "value" edit box.
10. In the "value" edit box, arrow to the end (or press "end" and type a
semi colon (;) followed by the path you found in step 1 above so that
the entry looks something like this:
<some other paths>;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin
If the "value" edit box was originally empty, you do not need the semi
colon.
Note: Be careful not to change or delete existing values in the "value"
edit box because that may cause other programs to stop working.

11. Keep pressing ok untill you get out of all dialog boxes.
12. Now, run the access bridge installer and most probably the installer
will work.

Hope this helps.

~Manish