[AI] ultracane info

Syed Imran syed.fame at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:29:59 EDT 2007


Is it a rechargeable cane?
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "harish kotian" <hpkotian at rbi.org.in>
To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] ultracane info


> Hi
> I happend to see a similar cane at US a few months back.
> I did try my hand on it. There are to vibrator cell and it does alert if 
> any
> object is ahead of you especially over hanging object. It does not create
> any interference to the environmental stimuli at all.
>
> I wonder if it would set  off
> all the time in our environment.
>
> Harish.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "mahendra" <galani at chello.at>
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 12:40 PM
> Subject: Re: [AI] ultracane info
>
>
>> Dear Amiyo
>> it is costing 998 Euro, don't know about servicing. but i suppose yes.
>>
>> At 09:27 AM 8/23/2007, you wrote:
>>>How much does it cost? Is there any arrangement for servicing?
>>>
>>>Best regards,
>>>
>>>Amiyo.
>>>
>>>Cell: +91-9433464329
>>>
>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>From: "mahendra" <galani at chello.at>
>>>To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
>>>Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:30 PM
>>>Subject: [AI] ultracane info
>>>
>>>
>>>Hi all
>>>some weeks ago, some people wanted some info about ultracane,
>>>here it is. if you have questions. please write to them directly.
>>>
>>>UltraCane
>>>the next generation
>>>of mobility aid
>>>UltraCane
>>>the next generation
>>>of mobility aid
>>>UltraCane gives you the confidence to stride forward, knowing where the
>>>obstacles are ahead.A mobilityaid that gives you enough informations 
>>>about
>>>your surroundings to help you make decisions quickly and naturally!
>>>The ultrasound equipment and sensors are built in the handle of the cane.
>>>Two small buttons are connected to the two sensors and will show any
>>>obstacles by vibrations (which also differ to indicate the distance). The
>>>two
>>>sensors point in differnet ways, ensuring that obstacles right in your 
>>>way
>>>are
>>>as well indicated as obstacles in your head and chest area (like the rear
>>>view mirrors of a bus for example).
>>>With the UltraCane, you have the opportunity to benefi t from information
>>>in
>>>a meaningful way. Its reliance on touch, rather than beeps, as a source 
>>>of
>>>information for you means that you are free to listen to all the other
>>>sounds
>>>in the area. You will fi nd yourself building up a spatial map, and
>>>becoming
>>>aware of your surroundings and any dangers there, at a subconscious 
>>>level.
>>>In other words, with no effort at all.
>>>After a short period of teaching your brain will recognise what the new
>>>stimuli mean. You'll be able to switch on the UltraCane and use it, just
>>>as
>>>you would an ordinary long white cane, providing a greater source of
>>>information about your surroundings. UltraCane is extremely easy to 
>>>handle
>>>and will only need a short training period.
>>>The folding cane itself is covered with refl
>>>ective foil, withstands considerable
>>>use and folds into 4 pieces. It can be customised
>>>to suit your style and height
>>>and you can choose from different lenghts from 110 cm (43 in) to 150 cm
>>>(59 in) and can be equipped with your preferred tip.
>>>CARETEC GMBH
>>>Stubenbastei 1, A-1010 Wien (Austria)
>>>Tel: +431 - 513 80 81-0; Fax: -9
>>>office at caretec.at; www.caretec.at
>>>
>>>Mahendra Galani
>>>Herbststr. 101/16/1
>>>A - 1160 Wien
>>>Wien, 22. August 2007
>>>UltraCane
>>>Dear Mr. Galani,
>>>we are pleased to here of your interest in our
>>>products, espesially the UltraCane and happy to
>>>send you some more detailed information.
>>>informations about your surroundings to help you
>>>make decisions quickly and naturally!
>>>UltraCane Folding long cane with special ? 998,00
>>>ultrasound equipment
>>>All our prices are quoted in ? incl. 20 % VAT and
>>>excl. shipping costs. This offer is valid for 3 month.
>>>If you need any further information, please feel free to contact us!
>>>Best regards
>>>Mag. Karin Wagenbauer
>>>CARETEC GmbH Tel: (+43) 01 513 80 81; Fax: -9
>>>Erste Bank Wien KtoNr.: 025 547 47 BLZ: 20111
>>>Stubenbastei 1 Swift Code: GIBAATWW
>>>A-1010 Wien (Vienna) E-Mail: office at caretec.at IBAN: AT 49 20111
>>>00002554747
>>>AUSTRIA Internet: www.caretec.at Dresdner Bank
>>>KtoNr.: 02 253 598 00 BLZ: 300 80000
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>with warm regards
>>>         Mahendra Galani
>>>msn ID mahendragalani at hotmail.com       skype ID chintu3886
>>>phone +4314943149 mobile +4369910366055 +436769163888  +4381362988
>>>address Herbst strasse 101.16.1 Vienna Austria Europe
>>>          -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>--
>>>
>>>
>>>To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>>>with
>>>the subject unsubscribe.
>>>
>>>To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>>>please
>>>visit the list home page at
>>>
>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>>
>>>
>>>To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with the subject unsubscribe.
>>>
>>>To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other
>>>changes, please visit the list home page at
>>>
>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>
>> with warm regards
>>        Mahendra Galani
>> msn ID mahendragalani at hotmail.com       skype ID chintu3886
>> phone +4314943149 mobile +4369910366055 +436769163888  +4381362988
>> address Herbst strasse 101.16.1 Vienna Austria Europe
>>         ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>> with the subject unsubscribe.
>>
>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>> please visit the list home page at
>> 
>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>
>
>
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in 
> with the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, 
> please visit the list home page at
>  http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in 





More information about the AccessIndia mailing list