[AI] news

harish kotian hpkotian at rbi.org.in
Tue Aug 21 02:38:00 EDT 2007

Hello Pandey

As you are a new member I would like to make you aware, the posting you made
is off-topic.

At the time of joining this family, you would have recieved the do's and
don'ts.
I am pasting it again to you and to our new members for your reference.
Warmly yours
Harish.
The AccessIndia mailing list provides an opportunity for blind and visually
impaired computer users in India to exchange information as well as conduct
discussions related to assistive technology and other accessibility issues
which may directly or indirectly influence their professional, academic or
personal
activities.

The AccessIndia mailing list was started on 4th January, 2001 with the
objective of providing an online forum for blind and visually impaired
computer users
in India to exchange information, ask technology related questions and
discuss ideas and issues pertaining to accessible technology.
The topics of discussion for the AccessIndia list can include questions or
issues concerning access to computers and information technology, effective
use
of internet, careers for visually impaired in public as well as the private
sectors, challenges or accessibility issues faced by blind persons in their
respective professional or academic fields, government policies directly or
indirectly affecting blind persons in India, Access to digital as well as
printed
sources of information including talking books, scanning and other means of
alternative technology, access to public utility services, educational
institutions
and workplaces, accessibility of consumer electronic devices such as digital
voice recorders, and mp3 players among other things and any other issues
affecting
blind and visually impaired people in India.
Although a large number of subscribers to the AccessIndia list are blind,
any organizations or individuals who are working in the education or
rehabilitation
of blind and visually impaired persons, family members of blind persons,
volunteers helping blind people in anyway and anyone interested in the
topics
discussed on AccessIndia are encouraged to join the list and make their
valuable contributions.