[AI] About seminar on OCR

Shiv shivraheja at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:24:02 EDT 2007

srp at internode.on.net

Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 4:20 PM

To: GW Info <

gw-info at gwmicro.com

vip-l at softspeak.com.au

nfb-talk at nfbnet.org

From: David Andrews

dandrews at visi.com

 5330 Power Inn Rd. FAX: (916) 914-2429

 Sacramento, CA 95820

 E-Mail:

info at atechcenter.net

www.atechcenter.net

 Assistive Technology Center

 Presents

 SUMMER SPLASH!

 We have put together a very ambitious schedule of events that will

 assist many blind and visually impaired individuals and others in

 acquiring technological information and building a foundation of

 knowledge. Please share this announcement with others who may benefit.

 All trainings and seminars for the Summer Splash will be held

 on-line. All you need is your computer, speakers or headphone and

 microphone. The web site classroom location and password will be

 provided to all registered participants.

 AUGUST 2007

 Schedule Of Events!

 Tues. August 7, 2007

 Braille Sense Overview

 Time: 1 to 2 PM Pacific Time

 A detailed description and discussion of the Braille Sense and the

 Voice Sense as vital tools. The capacity of this device for

 multi-tasking and elevating organizational skills to a new level are

 unparallel. Connie Leblond will facilitate and conduct this overview.

 Please contact us to reserve your space. This is a free

 seminar. The Web classroom location will be provided to those who register.

 Thursday, August 9, 2007

 Introduction to Microsoft Office using screen readers. Microsoft

 Certified Professional Robert Leblond will conduct this 2-hour

 session aimed at beginning users of Microsoft Office applications.

 This seminar will cover basics of Word, Outlook, and Excel. We will

 discuss the use of these applications with the three major screen

 readers: Jaws, Window Eyes, and System Access.

 Time: 1 to 3 PM Pacific Time

 Please phone to reserve your space. There is a fee to participate

 in this training.

 Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 Small Talk Ultra Overview

 1 to 2 PM Pacific Time

 Join us to explore the use of the Small Talk Ultra. A small,

 powerful fully functional computer that is a great alternative to

 lap tops and notetakers. Determine for yourself whether you would

 benefit from its use. Robert Leblond will conduct this free seminar.

 Phone to reserve your space in the on-line classroom..

 Thurs. Aug. 16, 2007

 A Comparative Analysis of Screen Readers

 Time: 1 to 2 PM

 An open forum to review and evaluate the major screen reading

 software available. Including Window Eyes, System Access and

 Jaws. This is a comparative analysis, not to be an endorsement or

 criticism of any product. Just the facts. Phone us to reserve a

 space for this free seminar.

 Thursday, August 21, 2007

 Window Eyes Basic Training

 1 to 3 PM

 This is a training session for beginners or for those interested in

 honing their skills in the use of Window Eyes. Topics will include

 using Window Eyes with Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and

 Microsoft Word. Space is limited, so reserve your seat. There is a

 fee for participating in this seminar.

 Tues. Aug. 28, 2007

 Braille Sense Training

 1 to 3 PM

 Join instructor Connie Leblond for a training session developed to

 maximize your use of the Braille Sense. Teachers, students and

 parents who want to learn more, should attend this training

 seminar. Reserve your space ASAP. There is a minimal fee for this training.

 Thursday Aug. 30, 2007

 Optical Character Recognition Overview

 Time; 1 to 3 PM Pacific Time

 Open Book, Kurzweil, Omni Page, and other applications for turning

 the printed page into audible text.

 Stand-alone reading machines, portable scanners for use with

 laptops, and more. How to evaluate and select the proper solution

 for your unique needs. A free seminar. Be sure to reserve your space!

 Contact ATC to reserve your space by telephoning

 916-381-5011 option #3

 Or Toll Free 888-723-5011 option #3

 We look forward to your participation and your input.

 ATC wants to thank Jerry Hogan and Paul L. Oberholtzer for the use

 of their on-line classroom on the Blinded Veterans and Friends web

 site. <

http://www.blindedveteransand/

www.blindedveteransand

friends.org