[AI] formating my c partition on hard disk

Zujar Kanchwala zujarbright at rediffmail.com
Tue Aug 14 01:18:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

Not sure about any material to read but the following piece of information may be useful.

You probably need to re-install Windows if you have your operating system on C drive. If you have your current copy of Windows OS on a drive other than C you would get multiple copies after installing windows because the earlier copy would be preserved. If it is on C drive you can go ahead with re-installation. While re-installing Windows you would be prompted to Repair or Don't Repair due to existence of a copy of Windows on your system. Select Don't Repair and proceed. Select C drive as the OS drive (default) and in the next step select the format option (using FAT32 or NTFS FileSystem, Normal or Quick) and proceed.

Hope that helps.