[AI] Invitation for ‘Anterchakhsu’ at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai

Prashant Naik pranaik at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:53:14 EDT 2007

Dear A I Members,

The Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged (X R C V C) is
organizing an event "Anterchakshu – the Eye within" for two days during the
Xavier's very popular intercollegiate festival "Malhar".

This event "Anterchakshu" got tremendous success last year, sensitizing more
than 400 participants and visitors using simulation of different living
activities of  visually challenged individual in a very innovative and fun
manner sensitizing participants.  The participant were then shown a short
documentary, made by X R C V C for sensitizing called "Antyoday".

Antarchakshu - the Eye within is a simulation workshop aimed at creating a
sneak preview for the sighted into the worlds of the visually challenged.
It's a simulated environment where blind folded participants walk through an
obstacle course and perform a series of daily activity tasks.

The event "Anterchakshu" is developed, conceptualized and organized by
Xavier's visually challenged students.  This year with more number of
students we have, students have modified and introduced many new things in
simulation making it more innovative and creative event.

And this time in 'Anterchakshu' the highlight is a photo exhibition.  Students
are exhibiting photos taken by blind photographers.  We all know about Mr.
Partho Bhoumik's creative art "Beyond Sight".  Mr. Partho is involved with X
R C V C to exhibit his photos and will be available with us for two days
training participants who will be blind folded during simulation to take
photographs. Yes, we also have an event to click photographs by sighted
participant with blind fold.

We are very excited for 'Anterchakshu' and on behalf of X R C V C, I invite
accessindia members and any interested friends or colleagues to visit and
take part in the "Anterchakshu" at St. Xavier's College, 5, Mahapalika Marg,
Mumbai – 400 001.  Timings will be on 14th August from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and
on 15th August from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

You can visit our website www.xrcvc.org for downloading the video 'Antyoday'
from gallery page and also for any further information.

Please contact people as listed below for your participation entry passes
and any further details:

Mr. Salim Sheikh –     09867209171

Mr. Jatin Shah –          09892624945

Mr. Prashant Naik  -- 09967968881