[AI] Round off in MS Excel

Amiyo Biswas amiyo.biswas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:50:22 EDT 2007

Hello,

One problem in Excel is that a lot depends on format of the cell. If you use
a formula like =round(1.228,2), Excel round it up to two digits and will
yield 1.23. If you use =round(1.228,0) it will show show 1. The problem is
that you must format cells to display two digits if you want all your
results with two decimal places. If you want results rounded of with .00,
say like 1.23 as 1.00 and 1.72 as 2.00, you will have to use for formula
=round(value,0) and format the cell for display with two decimal places.

I looked for custom format, but did not find any useful result.

Best regards,

Amiyo.

Cell: +91-9433464329