[AI] AccessIndia Digest, Vol 16, Issue 22

Punit Diwan punitdiwan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:58:57 EDT 2007

Sanjeev Ji,
        In the field of Linux you have two Choices for Screen Reader.  One
is Orca and the other is LSR (Linux Screen Reader). Between the two, Orca is
most widely used and is better. It is being developed by Sun MicroSystems.
Recently I have come to know that now Open Office has now accessable with
Orca. As for as Linux flavor, Ubuntu is there which come with Orca and
E-SPeak Pre Loaded. Although you can run Orca on Red Had as its RPM package
is available. Now you can  completely Live on Linux without touching
Windows.
    I cannot say much about LSR Because I have not tried it. But from the
feedback I am sure Orca has upper edge over LSR.      I hope this
information will be usefull.
Regards
Punit Diwan

Message: 3