[AI] Fw: India: New career options for visually challenged.

pamnani kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:05:03 EDT 2007

Dr.u.n.sinha narain

I believe that you are in Uttar Pradesh kindly check out the real reasons
for the problem at Varanasi and see how you can help rehabilitate these
people if you have not already done so.

Organisations can do something but we as individuals also have a
responsibility. Lets not forget this before pointing fingers at others.
Also it is training  in massage therepy and other professions that have
stopped such incidents from happening  regularly and all over the country.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am told that Varanasi does not have any
training or other facilities for the Visually challenged why do you not
organise with the help of others from Uttar Pradesh some regular training,
rehabilitation courses, personality development and courses on rights. Kochi
is doing it regularly and systematically.I am sure the rest of us will be
happy to share our expertise if you need it.

There are many miles to go for an equal society and we need to take the
steps. No point in sitting at your desk and writing emails if you cant back
it up with action.
Let us know on the list if anything is being done in Varanasi.
Kanchan