[AI] Problem in Orkut

Syed Imran syed.fame at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 22:59:08 EDT 2007

Yes my friend ! The virus named "VB.QG" is the culprit behind this. It not
only blocks you from accessing orkut and you tube, but does not allow you to
install Mozilla firefox. If you don't believe me, you can type c:\heap41a in
the run diolog box where this virus actually resides. There you will also
come across an MP3 file which it uses whenever you try to log on to orkut.
In fact you cannot delete this folder as it makes all files hidden. And,
Windows itself considers it as system files so one of the processes named
"svchost.exe" does not allow you to delete the folder completely.
You can surely get reed of this virus by following these step-to-step
instructions:
I assume that you are using Windows XP
I suggest you to read these steps before attempting to carry out the
operation
1) Press CTRL+Shift+Escape to launch windows task manager.
2) Press Ctrl+Tab to go to processes tab.
3) In the Processes list view,
A) select the process named as "SVCHOST.EXE"
Note:    There might be more than one Svchost.exe process in the list. You
should use CTRL+Downarrow and CTRL+Space to select all the processes which
are named as "SVCHOST.EXE"
B) To end the process and to confirm the same, press: Alt+E, Y.
4) Quickly go to Run and without making any errors type: shutdown -a
This is because when you end SVCHOST.EXE process, the system will
automatically shut itself down giving 30 seconds to save the work in
progress.
When you type shutdown -a command in run, the automatic shutdown will be
aboarded, and the system will not turn off.
Remember you should execute this command with in 30 seconds after you end
svchost.exe process.
5) delete all files that are inside heap41a folder.

There is one alternative solution in case you don't like to do all these
manually if you can copy a batch script which I have prepared below.

Procedure:
1. Copy the batch script to notepad excluding the top and the bottom lines
(see below)

Top line:---

taskkill /im svchost.exe /f
shutdown -a
del /q c:\heap41a\*.*
exit

Bottom line:---
2. Save it in notepad
A) in the filename field, type: "ABC.bat", including the quotation mark.
(With quotations, not without quotations)
3) Execute the file, and you are done with it.

If you still have problem, do not format the disk, instead, try deleting
heap41a folder somehow.