[AI] Using internet in laptop by connecting it to mobile via bluetooth
pranav.lal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:47:20 EDT 2007
1. The first thing that you need to do is to get hold of a Bluetooth
2. Things get extremely interesting from this point. You first install the
software that comes with the dongle or, if you are using windows XP, it may
happen that the Bluetooth dongle is automatically detected.
3. Then, install the PC suite that came with your phone. Do not upgrade to
a higher version of PC suite such as 6.5 since it does not work with the
phone that you have. I speak from experience since I have the same phone.
4. Once PC suite has been installed, you will find an icon in the system
tray called "mRouter". Activate this icon and set the relevant com ports to
be active. Try com six and com seven.
5. Once this is done, pair the phone with the dongle and launch PC suite.
6. Discover the services available on the phone and one of them should be
dial-up networking. Initiate this service and, you should be good to go.
From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Abdul Razique
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:58 PM
To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Using internet in laptop by connecting it to mobile via
I have a Nokia 6600 mobile with GPRS service activated in it. As data
cable of this handset is not available in the market I'll have to
connect the phone to the laptop via blue tooth in order to use internet in
laptop. Can anyone tell me how can I connect the phone to the laptop
via blue tooth.
to use internet.
Your help is highly appreciated.
To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with
the subject unsubscribe.
To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please
visit the list home page at
More information about the AccessIndia