[AI] Using internet in laptop by connecting it to mobile via bluetooth

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:47:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

1.  The first thing that you need to do is to get hold of a Bluetooth
dongle.

2.  Things get extremely interesting from this point.  You first install the
software that comes with the dongle or, if you are using windows XP, it may
happen that the Bluetooth dongle is automatically detected.

3.  Then, install the PC suite that came with your phone.  Do not upgrade to
a higher version of PC suite such as 6.5 since it does not work with the
phone that you have.  I speak from experience since I have the same phone.

4.  Once PC suite has been installed, you will find an icon in the system
tray called "mRouter".  Activate this icon and set the relevant com ports to
be active.  Try com six and com seven.

5.  Once this is done, pair the phone with the dongle and launch PC suite.
6.  Discover the services available on the phone and one of them should be
dial-up networking.  Initiate this service and, you should be good to go.

Pranav