[AI] DU METER

Syed Imran syed.fame at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:00:14 EDT 2007

Hi
I also used free download manager to download this software, but I didn't
get this message. It is quite interesting, of course.
I am currently using Free Download Manager Version 2.1 build 428.
Can latest version of Free download manager notify if there are malicious
programs getting downloaded through free download manager?
If yes, have they documented about this particular feature in "what's new"
or any other section in help ?
If not, don't you think it is possible that some spyware might be trying to
blame DU Meter, by hacking into free download manager and displaying this
message which you have given ?
We have to be alert, you know
Last week I got a wonderful experience to meet one of the worms called
"VB.QG", whose name I found using AVG 7.5 Shell extension scanner, when I
was synchronizing my desktop and laptop computers. No, I didn't format my
laptop, for why should
I? Instead I used my desktop, and connected to my laptop disabling local
sharing facilities and blocking incoming traffic with the help of Sigate
personal firewall. Finally I came to know almost everything about this VB.QG
worm. Then I successfully wiped it out of my laptop computer, using taskkill
command in CMD.
I shall wright more about VB.QG, how it works, what all files and folders it
creates, what all manipulations it does with internet explorer, orkut and
Mozilla firefox installer, in a separate message to the list.

With best regards
Syed Imran

P.S. I still do not know what VB.QG stands for.