[AI] Need help on removing spyware that has entered my system

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Sun Jul 29 05:26:12 EDT 2007

Dear Folks:

To my great surprise, my Data 1 connection sprang back to life last
night. However, I found a message which announced that my system had
been infected with 17 or 68 (both were read alternatively) spywhere and
other viruses. The software, however, isn't deleting them; instead, I
had been lead to another page which asked for payment details apparently
to download the complete version of the anti-virus that would help me
delete the viruses. I was confused and didn't do anything. How do I
delete the so-called spyware? Kindly help me.

Subramani